Ferguson and Company
In industry we have a saying: "I manufacturer the worst product around. I am the cheapest around to prove it!" Well, Ferguson and Company was just that cut above the others, but as the saying proves, you get what you pay for and I am glad I invested in my future!
Chapel Hill, NC
For most properties, I get a 24 hour turn around on the written report, but I never see a "rush job!" I just do not know how they do it! Do these folks ever sleep?
As a businessman, I am excited to have professionals on my team that often are more dedicated to my business needs than I am myself. It is a luxury I cannot often find in today’s marketplace.
Take the time, invest the money! Selecting a good inspector is like selecting a good defense attorney. You can save a buck now, but soon you may loose a lot more than just money!
Thanks a million… and the next million too!
When I called him for a suggestion as an inspector in Durham, turns out he covers that area and he volunteered! Chris came and looked the home over for us twice during the construction process, and then at the end. His prices were reasonable, but I was concerned I was wasting the effort...
- he was able to point out a potential fire hazard in the fireplace installation
- he pointed out a severe plumbing problem
- he noted an electrical problem
The builder certainly was not pleased to know we had had a thorough inspector. "It passed code inspections!", after all...
Later, after the house was completed but before closing, there was a problem with the water and a worker inadvertently left the water on in the upstairs tub overnight! The resulting disaster required additional repairs, but the builder seemed to think it would only take a day or so.
** Not true, as Chris pointed out on a FREE EMERGENCY INSPECTION visit! **
- The upstairs flooring had to be replaced, as did the carpet in the hall and one room.
- The ceiling below had to be ripped out, then the wood was treated with a mildew-cide/fungicide chemical
- The walls had to be ripped out of the dining room, as did the wall insulation and carpet.
- The disaster was left to dry for several days, then all of the repairs were made.
Likely, we would have agreed to the builder's recommendation for repairs if Chris had not pointed out the hazards and referred us to an industrial hygienist and an engineer for the right approach.
My daughter's home and her very health may have been irreparably damaged if not for the diligence of Chris.
God bless you and thank you!
Jimmy Hickory, NC